Dudina Marina Olegovna, Applicant, National Research Mordovia State University (68 Bolshevistskaya street, Saransk, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Blinova Ekaterina Valerievna, Doctor of medical sciences, associate professor, professor, sub-department of faculty surgery, head of laboratory specific pharmacological activities of the Center for Advanced Studies of innovative medicines, National Research Mordovia State University (68 Bolshevistskaya street, Saransk, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Moiseeva Inessa Yakovlevna, Doctor of medical sciences, professor, head of the sub-department of general and clinical pharmacology, dean of the faculty of medicine, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Samyshina Elena Aleksandrovna, Candidate of medical sciences, senior staff scientist, of laboratory specific pharmacological activities of the Center for Advanced Studies of innovative medicines, National Research Mordovia State University (68 Bolshevistskaya street, Saransk, Russia), E-mail: Samyfirstname.lastname@example.org
Krasko Mariya Olegovna, Postgraduate student, National Research Mordovia State University (68 Bolshevistskaya street, Saransk, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Suslova Irina Rudol'fovna, Applicant, sub-department of faculty surgery, National Research Mordovia State University (68 Bolshevistskaya street, Saransk, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. To study the acute toxicity of compound AH-554 after intragastric administration, as well as to determine its effective cytotoxic concentration and dose.
Materials and methods. The study was performed on 76 white outbred laboratory mice of both sexes weighing 18–22 g, 150 C57Bl / 6 male mice, and LCC tumor cell culture. The acute toxicity of 4-alkyl-substituted compound AH-554 as granulate tablet mass was studied after intragastric administration by Lichfield and Wilcoxon. The substance effective dose was determined in C57Bl/6 male mice syngeneic tumor model with inoculated Lewis lung carcinoma. AH-554 effective concentration was evaluated in the tumor cell culture.
Results. The study of acute toxicity of AH-554 as granulate of tablet mass administered intragastrically showed that the compound is non-toxic. In the dose range from 21.2 to 384 mg / kg, the substance inhibits tumor growth in mice with syngeneic lung carcinoma from 20 to 90%, while the highest therapeutic dose exceeds the minimum effective more than 18 times. The resulting pattern is the same when cultivating the substance in the culture of tumor cells. The results of the study can be used to create novel medicine based on the compound AH-554.
Conclusions. The 2-amino-4H-chromene AH-554 derivative has an optimal safety profile, since it is a non-toxic substance with a large range of antitumor action.
1. Seve P., Dumontet C. Lancet Oncol. 2008, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 168–175.
2. Fallah-Tafti A., Tiwari R., Shizari A. N., Akbarzadeh T., Mandel D., Shafiee A. et al. Med. Chem. 2011, vol. 6, pp. 11–22.
3. Patil S. A., Patil R., Pfeffer L. M., Miller D. D. Future Med. Chem. 2013, vol. 5, no. 14, pp. 1647–1660.
4. Bardashov I. N., Alekseeva A. U., Ershov O. V., Grishanov D. A. Heterocycl. Commun. 2015, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 175–177.
5. Arzamastsev E. V., Berezovskaya I. V., Verstakova O. L., Gus'kova T. A., Durnev A. D. Rukovodstvo po doklinicheskomu izucheniyu lekarstvenykh sredstv [Guidance for preclinical study of drugs]. Moscow: Grif i Ko, 2012, pp. 13–51. [In Russian]
6. Animal models in toxicology. Ed. by S. C. Gad. Second ed. New York: Taylor and Francis, 2007, 950 p.
7. Treshchalina E. M., Zhukova O. S., Gerasimova G. K. et al. Rukovodstvo po provedeniyu doklinicheskikh issledovaniy lekarstvennykh sredstv. Ch. I. [Guidance for conducting preclinical studies of drugs. Part 1]. Moscow: Grif i Ko, 2012, pp. 640–654. [In Russian]
8. Geran R. I., Greenberg N. H., MacDonald M. M., Schumacher A. M., Abbott B. J. Cancer Chemother. Rep. 1972, vol. 3, pp. 1–103.
9. Glants S. Mediko-biologicheskaya statistika [Biomedical statistics]. Moscow: Praktika, 1999, 467 p. [In Russian]
10. Berezovskaya I. V. Khimiko-farmatsevticheskiy zhurnal [Chemical pharmaceutical journal]. 2003, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 32–34. [In Russian]